CLIMATE CHANGE PRESENTS AN EXISTENTIAL THREAT FOR THE GULF COUNTRIES
Temperatures in the region are predicted to rise as well as sea levels whilst rain is declining dramatically reducing arable land and making certain cities uninhabitable. Sandstorms cost the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia $13billion a year, reinforcing the link from climate risks to financial risks.
ON THE PATH TO SUSTAINABILITY
Following the launch of the Saudi Vision 2030 & Dubai 2040 Urban Place, another bold plan was announced the Saudi and Middle East Green Initiative aimed to increase biodiversity and renewable energy in the region, creating an opportunity to highlight initiatives under development in the region, in the run-up to COP 26.
In collaboration with the Net Zero Festival, Future Carbon is an insights series into ambitious plans to diversify Gulf economies whilst safeguarding the environment and developing new green jobs for a youth population “hungry for change”.
Future Carbon will give you access to C-level executives across hydrocarbons, sovereign investors, circular economy and nature-based solutions experts in the lead up to an annual hybrid event on 20th October 2021, Riyadh, KSA demonstrating leadership initiatives in the utilisation of carbon whilst seeking collaboration to achieve the 1.5-degree target.
Future Carbon will analyse how circular carbon economy and nature-based solutions enable greater carbon reduction and connect innovators, carbon experts and investors to find ways to push the boundaries.
Our focus will be on four areas where GCC is demonstrating leadership :
- Hydrocarbons: Leading the Circular Carbon Economy and the Hydrogen revolution
- Investment: Sovereign wealth funds and climate risks mitigation
- Circularity: Demonstrate how the Circular Economy is key in the quest to resource efficiency and carbon reduction
- Nature: Increasing biodiversity net gains by investing in nature-based solutions
- Discuss your current and future carbon reduction strategies
- Open-up opportunities for partnerships with international investors and companies
- Display your leadership and commitments to the 1.5C target
- Gain exclusive access to C-level executives who are seeking ways to maximise the value of carbon
Since Future Carbon is a series of content pieces leading up to a hybrid event we strongly recommend you register through the link below to receive all the content we will feature in the lead up to the 20th October 2021.
NB: The Hybrid event will consist of 150 people (invitation only) attending in person in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia joined by a global online audience through a dual language platform in Arabic and English, please register using the link below.
WHO WILL ATTEND
- Chief Sustainability Officer, Head of Sustainabilityor Head of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Circular Economy Advisor and/or Low carbon specialists
- Low Carbon, Nature-based solutions Programme Leader
- Head of Clean energy, Carbon reduction, Energy solutions, CCUS/CCS, Climate Initiative
From the Built Environment, Oil & Gas & Energy, Chemicals industries, Environment (Nature-based solutions) and low carbon solutions providers together with leading sovereign wealth funds, Asset Management/Investors and Banks from the region.
You can also email Elodie for sponsorship opportunities and speaking or programme enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org