CLIMATE CHANGE PRESENTS AN EXISTENTIAL THREAT FOR THE GULF COUNTRIES
Temperatures in the region are predicted to rise as well as sea levels whilst rain is declining dramatically reducing arable land and making certain cities uninhabitable. Sandstorms cost the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia $13billion a year, reinforcing the link from climate risks to financial risks.
ON THE PATH TO SUSTAINABILITY
Following the launch of the Saudi Vision 2030 & Dubai 2021 plan, we recently saw the Saudi and middle East Green Initiative, a bold plan to increase biodiversity and renewable energy in the region, which gives us an opportunity to explore strategies that carbon intensive sectors are putting forward to address the Paris Climate Agreement and the Net Zero race.
Over the last few months, we have witnessed companies committing to net zero, however our window of opportunity to 2030 is limited. Net zero focus will demonstrate how circular economy enables the transition to net zero and connect innovators and investors to enhance collaboration across sectors to find a way to push the boundaries.
THE NET ZERO FOCUS
In the run up to COP 26 and in collaboration with the Net Zero Festival, the Net Zero series will give you access to C-level executives from carbon intensive sectors in the Gulf Countries. Our focus will be on three of the most impactful sectors:
40% of the waste in GCC cities
- Circular model
- Whole systems approach
- ESG Benchmarks
Oil & Gas
The Circular Carbon Economy
This is an energy problem not a chemical one!
- Renewable energy
- Bio feedstock
- Green & Blue Hydrogen
The Net Zero GCC series of interviews and webinars will allow you to benchmark with sector experts their strategy to reduce carbon emissions, culminating in a virtual half day conference to enable cross-sector collaboration.
- Discuss your current strategies to becoming carbon neutral
- Demonstrate your willingness to collaborate to achieve Scope 2 & 3 emissions reduction
- Open-up opportunities for partnerships with international investors and companies
- Display your leadership and commitments to the net zero race
- Gain exclusive access to C-level executives in GCC carbon intensive sectors
WHO WILL ATTEND
- Chief Sustainability Officer, Head of Sustainability or Head of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Circular Economy Advisor and/or Low carbon specialists
- Net Zero Programme Leader
- Head of Clean energy, Carbon reduction, Energy solutions, CCUS/CCS
From the Built Environment, Oil & Gas & Energy, Chemicals industries and net zero solutions providers together with leading Asset Management/Investors and Banks from the region.
You can also email Elodie for sponsorship opportunities and speaking or programme enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org