Planning the connected future for sustainable urban transportation
The deployment of next-generation carbon neutral transportation is vital to ensuring that cities thrive and attract the investment and talent they need to grow, while protecting our planet from irreparable climate change.
NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION & INVESTMENT
Governments in the Gulf Cooperation Council could unlock $400 billion of socio-economic value through the adoption and deployment of sustainable mobility strategies and technologies.
The Summit provides a meeting place for international transport leaders to meet to discuss policy & strategy to unlock investment in decarbonising transport networks.
2021 KEY SECTORS
ENERGY & CHARGING INFRASTRUCTURE
LEVEL 4 AUTOMATION
URBAN & INTER-URBAN EVTOL AIR MOBILITY
- Planning a sustainable future for the world’s urban transport systems
- The policies and technologies critical to defining EV grid interaction
- Funding, incentives, and support for EV market transition
- Developing a sustainable master transport plan with sustainable investment front of mind
- Moving away from Vehicles: Neom’s master plan as a blueprint for future cities
- Developing business models and partnerships for private businesses to deploy charging infrastructure
- Realisation of urban and inter-urban VTOL: how demand is expected to evolve
By 2050 67% of the world’s population is predicted to live in cities, while urban transport accounts for almost 10% of the globe’s carbon emissions even now.
This urban boom has already led to critical mobility challenges as urban areas struggle to ensure smooth movement of people using both public and private transport.
With Urban Futures Now our purpose is to help the transport ecosystem advance the deployment of net zero transportation, targeting the sectors where technological change is most vital, where the investment need most acute, and the opportunity for change most great.
We convene the government leaders and organisations leading the way to encourage collaboration, innovation, and investment to drive the future of urban transportation in the GCC, and the world.
Full details available on the event website when launched.
Part of the URBAN FUTURES NOW SERIES
Mobility - Smart buildings – Logistics - Habitat & Neighbourhood Life - Communications